Sunday, August 8, 2010

the good and the bad

I've got a game of catch-up to play since it's been a month since I wrote last. I'm going to start with the bad and get it out of the way so I can focus on the good.

The list- I know this is last month's news but I'm still sad about it. This is mostly because I read the comments on the articles on ksl.com and sltrib.com. My friend Stephanie wrote an amazing post about it here.

Gay marriage- I'm just sick of the hatred (this goes for the immigration debate too).

Bursitis- Evil, evil bursitis... I shouldn't complain too much, because the flare-ups only last 2-4 days but those days are hell. I could hardly hold Brayden, I couldn't sleep, and the pain was constant because no matter how I tried I couldn't immobilize my arm.

Lights- Or the lack of, I should say. Adam's started to re-do the lighting in our kitchen and it's taken awhile. He's still not done. Our original plan (or I should say mine, Adam knew it wouldn't work but attempted anyways because I wanted him to) didn't work. I think now we just need to agree on fixtures and it should be easy after that since he's done the prep work.

Moving on to the good...

My sister has a blog again!

Brayden and I are heading to Texas in 10 days to visit the wonderful family I used to nanny for. I'm so excited to see "my twins" play with my boy.

The Millenium trilogy by Steig Larsson- A friend warned against them, but I decided to start it and see how I felt. Well, I got hooked. I will say it's not a series I would recommend to anyone. In fact, I might write a post complaining about something to do with the movie based on the 2nd book.

Brayden and I did a Mom and Tot swim class at our rec center. Twice a week for two weeks. Brayden loved it, except for the going under part. I'm so glad he likes the water so far. I just don't want him to be uncomfortable swimming like I was (and still somewhat am).

Adam's family reunion was on July 24th. We had a good time as usual, but the notable part is that we had Brayden in a really cute cowboy outfit and he got to go on his first ATV ride. (pictures to follow)

We finally joined the zoo. We've been a few times already. I'll post some pictures from when we took our neighbors Ashley and Bennett.

We got family pictures taken today by Ashley and I am in love! These top my wedding photos (they pretty much sucked) and the Target ones we've had done twice since he was born. I have no idea how I am going to decide which ones to print. And we will finally be putting pictures up on our walls!

I am loving some top 40 songs right now. This is a good thing because it's Adam's favorite type of music and not mine so we usually fight over what station to play. It's also good because these songs do have more of a beat than my usual alternative and Brayden loves dancing to them. The ones that get him dancing the most are "California Gurls" by Katy Perry and "Your Love is My Drug" by Kesha. They are very silly songs in my opinion, but they are catchy to Brayden. The ones I am enjoying are "Airplanes" by B.O.B, "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem, and "Halo" by Beyonce.

No comments: