Friday, June 20, 2008

5 Years

Five years ago (yesterday), Adam and I got married. I was going to write this yesterday after Adam took me out on a surprise date, but we never got home last night. He had reserved a room for us at the Castle Creek Inn, where we had stayed on our wedding night. Whenever he tries to surprise me, I usually find out, so he kept his secret this time. I really wasn't expecting anything, because we went to a concert last week, on Wednesday night we went to dinner and a movie because I thought he had to work on our anniversary, and we're leaving on a trip next week.

It was a great night. We took Trax downtown, and went to Cedars of Lebanon for dinner. We had gone there for my birthday too, and really liked it. After that, we went to the Sam Weller's bookstore. So big inside, and just what a bookstore should be. I could have spent so much more time there. However, we had another stop. Right next door, in fact. He took me to Keys on Main, a dueling piano club. I had wanted to go to both of those places for a long time, especially since I saw them so many times standing at the Gallivan Trax stop on my way to or from school. We will be going back to Keys on Main for sure. It was a lot of fun. After that, we went to the hotel.

No comments: