
It's hard to believe I have been married for five years. Most of the time, I don't even feel old enough to have been married for five years. I was 20 when I got married, and in all actuality we probably were too young (Adam was 22). We have changed a lot, but fortunately, we have changed together for the most part. About a month ago, I was talking to this 18 or 19 year old girl at my work about popular songs. She told me about how her and her sister critique songs- the lyrics, the voice of the singer, etc. She then said, "There's this weird song playing on the radio a lot right now. The first line of the song says "The best part about tonight is that we're not fighting" and the chorus says "Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again." We just think it doesn't really make sense." I almost laughed (for a few reasons). One, the song is "Fall For You" by Secondhand Serenade, and it os one of my current favorite songs. Two, it just shows how young she is and that she has never been in a serious relationship. Anyone that has (and will be honest) knows that those lines are true. Sometimes, the best thing is that you aren't fighting. Things are never perfect. Along the same line, sometimes you do need to fall back in love. There's a quote I like that states "Marriage is falling in love over and over again with the same person." Marriage isn't always easy, and it's not always how I thought it would be when I was 20, but it is worth it to have your best friend by your side.
Now, the concert tie-in. Secondhand Serenade played at Thanksgiving Point last week. It was a great concert. I love live music. I love seeing people so passionate about what they are doing.
His songs are pretty romantic, so it was frun for an anniversary activity. I mean, just look at his name. He calls himself that because first he serenades his wife, then we get it secondhand.
No comments:
Post a Comment