-went on a quick trip up to Idaho with my mom, sister, and nephew to see my mom's cousin Peggy and some of her family- I always love visiting them and it was especially great to see Becky's (my third cousin) baby Eric who is just a few weeks old.
-saw my brother Sheldon compete in his second bodybuilding competition- He did great, placing 4th in novice and 4th in overall.
-went on a double date with Karen and Steve, saw City of Ember, ate at Hong Kong Tea House, and browsed at Barnes and Noble
-got to see Kimberly for the first time in six months- I'm so excited she's moved back... we went to La Luna for lunch and had a good time catching up.
-had lunch with Stephanie, a friend and fellow English major- She let me vent about some family issues, which was nice. She's also a senior, we both grduate in May, so we also vented about how we are gettin burned out with school.
-read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan and saw the movie on a double date with Nicki and Andy- I really liked both the book and the movie. The book had some great writing- I was highlighting passage throughout the whole novel. I reall like Michael Cera, so I enjoyed the movie too.
-re-read a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal- This book reminds me that every life, including mine, is special, even if it may seem ordinary.
-watched Life is Beautiful- a wonderful movie about the Holocaust
-watched a documentary called Why We Fight- This explores our counry's military actions, our building of a military-industrial complex. One thing that scared me is how much we as average citizens don't know about why our leaders decide to go into war.
-watched General Colin Powell, a man I respected even after my political beliefs started leaning more left, endorse Barack Obama in such an eloquent way
-laughed a lot listening to the candidate's speeches at the Alfred E. Smith memorial dinner
-went to Keys on Main with some tourists we met on the Trax- very fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment