Monday, January 5, 2009

W.



Adam and I went and saw W. at the dollar theater on Saturday. I've been wanting to see it since it came out, so when I saw it was at the dollar theater, we decided to go. I know a lot of it may not be exactly true, and some of it may be far from accurate, but it was interesting. Even though I've heard the director, Oliver Stone, is liberal, I think he actually portrayed President Bush in a sympathetic light. Of course, that is coming from someone who isn't a fan of him. Adam voted for Barack Obama but has almost always defended President Bush and his character. He said this movie made him think that maybe he was wrong. It was interesting to go from having all these debates in the past with me against Bush and Adam for him, to me actually defending him in a way by reminding Adam it's just a movie and not necessarily true. Even though I don't agree, Adam's entitled to his opinion, and a Hollywood movie shouldn't change it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I have wondered how that movie was. I am not a fan either, but I'm married to a Bush-man (at least he was until about a year ago).