I love holidays! It's so nice to have a day off from work and school. We had a pretty nice day. We went to breakfast with our friends Karen and Steve, which is always fun. We came home and just relaxed. I read a lot from a book called Little Brother by Cory Doctorow. I'm almost done, and I'm really enjoying it. It's young adult fiction about "Big Brother" and national security. The link I have posted is a link to the actual novel. The author has posted it in its entirety online, which I think is pretty awesome. We had plans to have dinner and a movie with Nicki, Andy, and Jackson. I made pulled pork sandwiches and mashed potatoes, while Adam tried his hand at homemade french fries with the leftover potatoes. It was all pretty good if I say so myself. After dinner, we went to see Coraline. It was pretty cool, especially with it being in 3D.
Today is also special because I am 20 weeks pregnant! Halfway there! I have to admit, since I started feeling better, it feels as if it is going by faster. Luckily, most of the fatigue and m/s stopped after I entered the second trimester, which I am extremely grateful for. I really only have three complaints right now. My first complaint is that I feel like I just look fat and not pregnant. I keep hearing in the next week or two that will change. Not that I want to look bigger, I just want to look pregnant and not chubby. My second complaint is the lower back pain (left side) I get almost every day now, especially after working. It's not horrible, but it's like a dull ache. The third is how itchy my skin is where it is stretching. I'm not complaining though. It's great to feel the baby move around. I have more energy, and I am just getting more excited as July gets closer!
1 comment:
The itchy skin...doesn't get much better. Sorry. :) I HATED that. I slathered on Aveeno, which became my best friend.
I can't believe you're halfway there. So exciting.
Post a Comment