Monday, February 15, 2010

Milestones


(I'm sure it just got about 10x harder to take his picture!)

Brayden is reaching milestones left and right and it is just amazing to watch. It is so neat how babies just learn all of this stuff, a lot of it seemingly on their own. I mean, Brayden hasn't really been around crawling babies, but he figured it out. He isn't a pro at it yet, of course, but he has crawled at least a few feet a couple times a day since Friday. I cannot tell you how excited I was on Friday night as he hesitantly crawled those first few feet towards me. I was pounding on the floor, both out of my own glee and because I was trying to encourage him. I didn't know the people who own the condo downstairs were there (it's a vacation condo for them), and they pounded on their ceiling so I stopped. It was pretty funny.

In the last month he has also:

-learned how to pull himself up to stand


-cruised around his activity table (it's only about a foot each way, but he has gone all the way around it)
-waved (he did it twice in one day in January but then stopped)
-he has actually stood without losing his balance for 10+ seconds at least 5 times
-and just yesterday and today he is starting to master reaching down to pick something up off the ground while he's standing at the couch or his activity table (this one takes some concentration and is adorable to watch)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: babies are amazing. They learn so much in such a short period of time.

No comments: