-We went to the ranch two more times in September- once on our own (some of Adam's family came up for a day) and once with my family. These are from the first time. I'll post pictures of my family's weekend later when I get them.

-I read Jane Eyre for the second time, the first being in high school. As before, I loved it. I've met so many women lately who don't enjoy books like the romantic classics of the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen. I'm sure glad I do.
-I'm finally getting started on a scrapbook for Brayden. I had forgotten how messy scrapbooking is! I'm not as good at it as I used to be, nor do I have the money to spend as much as I used to, but I hope he enjoys having something.
-I'm in a small book club and we read Mockingjay. Out of the four of us I probably liked it the most. One of the women really didn't like it. I know some of you have read the first two... so what did you think?
-I was totally a domestic goddess today (if you don't count cleaning anyways). I canned peaches and made peach jam (thanks to Karen for showing me how earlier this week). I also made zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini cake, and froze grated zucchini. Still to do: figure out what to do with all the tomatoes my dad gave me (I want to make tomato sauce but don't have a sieve) and make peach muffins or cobbler with the peaches I had left.
No comments:
Post a Comment