Saturday, October 2, 2010

15 months



I really love this age. Not to say this is an easy age, because he's very demanding... but in a good way. He is pointing and gesturing a lot to communicate what he wants a lot more than he used to.

He is OBSESSED with reading! I love it so much that he brings us books. We both try really hard to stop what we are doing to read to him when he brings us a book. His favorites are: Peek-A-Who?, Goodnight Moon, I Howl, I Growl, and Have You Ever Tickled A Tiger?. Any other board book recommendations? One funny thing he did is have me read a page of Peek-A-Who?, then Adam, then me, and back and forth until it was over. He's usually very specific about which one of us he wants to read to him right then, and we try to respect that and not just brush him off. The last few mornings he has woken up and walked right into the front room to pick a book. He wants me to read a book to him before breakfast, before nursing, before anything else.

He still loves being outside though too. He learned how to kick this week, and I think he would have learned sooner. All it took was me showing him once or twice. We didn't really have any balls until this week (a downside to condo living) and so I know he could have learned sooner since he's been walking for just about 5 months now. I just never thought a 14-15 month old could figure out the coordination needed. He's clumsy at it, don't get me wrong, but he can do it. He is so funny when he runs! Instead of moving both arms back and forth for balance, he only really moves his left arm. I hope that doesn't mean anything bad, but it sure is cute to watch.

We've taken him to storytime at the library and he just hangs in the back playing with the activity tower, but once they all get up and leave to do the craft in the back room, he follows. He loves being around bigger kids at the library or the park.

He is finally feeding himself! I don't know if I wrote much about it, but he never ate much baby food. He was pretty much exclusively nursed his entire first year, not to say that we didn't try. But I have finally found a use for all the baby food (the fruit anyways) we got from WIC that he never ate- I mix it with plain yogurt and he loves it! It is a mess and half of it ends up on him rather than in him, but it's a start. He also likes cheerios and milk, bananas, peaches, and apples.

Time is going by so fast, and I know I'll forget all these little things that mean so much to me right now if I don't document them. We love our little guy so much and we cannot believe we are the lucky ones who get to be his parents (most of the time anyways, he has his moments like all kids of course).


No comments: