On Friday, we decided to go to the SL County Fair. Other than $5 for parking, admission was free. Granted, it was a lot smaller than the Utah State Fair, but I still had fun. Nicki and I took Jackson into a petting zoo. The little animals were SO cute!

After we ate dinner, we continued walking through. B98.7 had a booth where you ccould spin to try to win something. I won, and he said I could pick anything on the table. Along with movie tickets, Cherry Hill passes, and other things there was a book. A book I actually wanted...it's called Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. She is LDS, and a feminist and historian. She also coined that phrase, which became very famous. I was so excited to get the book. Although, the guy manning the booth wasn't very happy when I asked if that was his book. Since it was the only book, I was unsure so I asked. He assured me that it was not his book: "No, no, no." Kinda funny. We also went to the Demolition Derby, which was an additional $10. I had never been to one, though, and neither had Nicki so we wanted to go.

After the Derby, Adam, his mom, and I went on the Gravitron. Man, that one makes you feel sick! I might be done going on that one.

Saturday morning, I woke up and went to the Farmer's Market by myself. I was very nice. I got there before it got too hot and crowded. I was specifically going because the Main library was have a small book sale there. I got 8 books for $10, which made me really happy. I also got to try a slice of pumpkin bread, and a mini red velvet cupcake. I picked up some sausage to make later that was so good! I did have to work on Saturday, but after work I went over to Jordan Landing and met Sara, a friend from work. We ate crepes over at A Taste of Europe, walked over to B&N, and then went to see Mamma Mia. It was cheesy, but really enjoyed it.

On Sunday, we had church, a family dinner for Nicki's birthday, and the baptism of one of the kids in our primary class. Along with all that, I have been watching the Olympics all weekend. I recorded stuff and would watch it whenever I had time. On Friday night I stayed up pretty late after the fair watching the Opening Ceremonies, but fell asleep during the Parade of Nations. I watched the rest of it on Saturday, and we have also been watching some of the sports. We watched some of the women's beach volleyball, and the swimming. Michael Phelps is so amazing! So far, he has won two golds (one individual and one team), and I hope he continues to win more.
1 comment:
Megan, it's so fun to find your blog! Thanks for commenting so I could find my way here. You have some fun posts. Hope all is well with you.
Post a Comment