Friday, September 12, 2008

....

Well, I have had all these great posts planned, but time has just gotten away from me. I just finished the third week of the semester. My classes aren't necessarily hard this semester, but I'm struggling a bit. I think it's because I had two months off from school and got out of the habit. I'm taking 4 classes:

Gender and Contemporary Issues

This is by far my favorite class. We aren't just studying gender issues, but also race, class, sexuality, age, ability, etc. I've already read some stuff that opened my eyes, and I plan on posting some of it.

Shakespeare

The professor of this class is so knowledgable about Shakespeare and he's so nice. He has so many passages memorized, and he goes into actor mode. His voice gets really quiet and you can hardly hear him, but then he gets loud all of a sudden. It's so fun! We just finished reading Hamlet and it's been interesting comparing it to our current political climate.

Theories of Popular Culture

Well, I have to take an upper level theory class and thought this would be the least painful. Theory isn't my strongest subject, but this class is okay so far. I'm looking forward to some of the stuff we are reading later on.

American Sign Language 3

To get my degree, I have to take four levels of a foreign language. Even though I have a tutor for this class, and review, I usually feel behind. It just doesn't come naturally to me. I love learning about Deaf culture though, I'm just not very good at conversing in ASL.

No comments: