Last night, I had the unique opportunity to watch a movie made about my high school, Highland High. Specifically, Highland's rugby team. Highland's rugby team is kinda famous, I guess. When I was a student there, I knew the team was a pretty big deal. I think they placed 3rd in some sort of wold championship while I was there. According to the movie, under the current coach, the team's record is 367-9. Pretty darn impressive in my mind.
It was also kind of cool to see this movie last night because Adam and I actually met ten years ago this month, at Highland's homecoming football game. We wanted to go to the homecoming game, but we didn't make it, so this was close enough. :)
Speaking of meeting Adam... before we went to the movie, I went to an activity at the Deaf Community Center for my ASL class. I sat at a table where three Deaf teenage girls were sitting. They really reminded me of my high school days, because they saw some cute guys they didn't know and they were obsessing over them. Throughout the course of the evening, they went and met the boys and got their numbers. When they came back to the table, the most outgoing girl ran back excitedly and pumped her arm in the air. It was so funny!
Then...I got reminded of my teenage years again! When I got home from the movie, I started IMing a few friends. One of them was a former classmate, and he and I discussed old songs and finding YouTube videos of those songs.
It was a fun night with all that reminiscing!
No comments:
Post a Comment