Monday, June 29, 2009

Lunatic

I have to say- the last couple days have made me feel like a lunatic! I keep thinking that labor might actually be starting... and it doesn't. I start to worry about when I last felt the baby move... and then he moves (thank goodness). I keep "noticing" things that are possibly bad signs... and google it, which only worries me more. Then luckily I call my friend Kimberly, a doula and a "birth veteran" (my term) and feel a little bit better. I worry about when to call my midwife... it just never ends! Please reassure me I am just being a typical, worrisome, clueless first-time birher!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh yeah, you're totally normal. I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

yep, as normal as giving birth...
It will only get worse, though as a "birth veteran" i can tell you that you will not mistake the signs of labor. It is loud... it is obvious... YOU WILL KNOW.. so if you think you're in labor... you're probably not. If you're able to have a conversation with someone easily... you're not in labor. Oh yeah, and don't count on your water breaking as your first sign.
Good luck, you'll do fine. And congrats!!!

Danielle said...

You couldn't be more normal. I felt that way every time...even my fourth. So don't worry. You are getting CLOSE!