Sunday, July 4, 2010

Burp rags and bibs


After Brayden fell into his much-needed naptime slumber, I set about cleaning up after the awesomeness and mess that was yesterday. After finishing the front room, I began working on his room since I needed to find places for and put away all of his gifts he received for his very first birthday. I was having a hard time finding homes for everything when I realized... there was a whole drawer full of burp rags and bibs that hadn't been touched in months.

I've always been emotional when packing up the clothes he has grown out of, but I was even more so today packing these bunches of cloth up. Their dismissal brings about another finale of his babyhood, they are a prop he no longer needs. Just before I started to cry however, my boy awoke and wanted to nurse immediately. I remembered what I wrote on his birthday and looked at him cuddled up to me and realized he's still my baby for a little while longer.

No comments: