No, this isn't a post about the soap opera Days of Our Lives (although I used to watch that in high school thru my early 20s. This is just a catch-up post, things I want to remember about my mostly mundane and repeatable days with some gems thrown in.
-Our 7th anniversary was on June 19th. Luckily, there has been no hint of the 7 year itch yet. :) We've definitely settled into a more mature phase though- we celebrated my going out to lunch at Cafe Rio and we took Brayden, our neighbor Ashley and her son Bennett with us. It was still a lot of fun though.
-Also on the 19th, Ashley took some amazing one year old photos of Brayden that are so precious to me... and don't even get me started on the fact that he is one tomorrow (that will have it's own post).
-Father's Day was nice. Adam had to work, but I made a yummy chicken and black bean casserole for his break and we had my parent's over as well.
-We went to Lagoon on the 22nd. It was so much fun! I love that some things from my childhood are still around for Brayden to enjoy, especially since so much has changed. I do miss the Fun House, but I'm glad Fascination is still around because it reminds me of my grandma. She would play all day while we went on rides.
-I've started pumping again because I'm donating milk to an adoptive mom who is trying to induce lactation but in the meantime wants to give her son donated milk. On that note, Brayden isn't even one until tomorrow, and I've already been judged for my plans to continue breastfeeding him (one was actually months ago, sadly enough). I tried to educate both of these women that the World Health Organization actually recommends breastfeeding until two, and besides it's an extremely personal decision that they shouldn't judge me for.
-Brayden really loves playing with Ashley's son Bennett... and I don't mind that I now have someone to watch my totally guilty and shameful pleasure with (The Bachelorette).
-I took flowers up to my midwife today since she delivered Brayden a year ago tomorrow. I just love her so much. And yes, I still refer to her as "my midwife" even though I haven't been a patient for about ten months. She told me I better go up there (she practices in Park City now) for my next and asked when that might be. Well, it does seem that once they hit one, the baby bug does begin to show up, but time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment