Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Harry Potter

(As long as power doesn't go out, you can expect multiple posts from me as I try to catch up on what's been going on.)



So.... Harry Potter. Was. Amazing! I should have expected it to be, but I didn't. Why?

Well, I had heard about the "nude" scene and I was worried about it. Not appropriate for one, not in the book for two, plus I had heard who it involved and I was just angry about that. It was so not a big deal. I should have known, since it was KSL that was reporting on it. Both Ann (Adam's sister) and I were worried about it until it happened, and for me it actually ruined a really touching scene where Harry and Hermoine dance because I thought it might happen then.

I also wasn't sure I could handle the midnight premiere. I am getting older, you know. I never even came close to dozing off, which I have been known to do before (but never during Harry Potter).

It was so good and I loved so many things about it. As I mentioned, I loved the dancing scene (and will appreciate it even more when I'm not worried about it turning into something else). I loved the animated telling of the tale of the three hallows. I loved the acting, as always. The kids have gotten better with each one and the adults (Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter especially) have always done well.

I cannot wait for the next movie but at the same time I will be so sad when it is all over. I do have introducing Brayden to the wonder that is Harry Potter to look forward to though. And how I will love that. Ann and I have decided that we (Adam's siblings) will all go the Harry Potter theme park when that happens.

No comments: