Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lessons learned...

just this week alone.

We went to SLC's live broadcast of Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity, and his speech made me realize that I am sometimes part of the problem. It's important to be respectful, even when we have differences. I will admit to not having the best attitude towards pundits like Glenn Beck and their fans. The signs were pretty fun, the music was entertaining, but Stewart's speech was amazing. Please watch it if you haven't already. It all had an effect on me, butit felt like a punch in the gut when he said "If you amplify everything, you hear nothing." I have been guilty of that. I have a lot to learn apparently, as if that wasn't clear already. On a side note, here are some of the signs I liked (from the SLC rally):






The next lesson I've learned is from this new blog (vlog?) I've been watching called Mompetition. It's all about the "mommy wars." Which is admittedly, another trap I've fallen into. The first video is the best. I've learned from this blog that no mom is perfect and that we (for the most part) are all trying our best. I do believe in things like natural birth, breastfeeding, etc but need to remember that my way doesn't work for everybody.


And lastly... don't go watch Life As We Know It on a date with your husband if you are prone to having anxiety about either losing your baby or leaving your baby parentless. Cute romance, but I was crying for half the movie.

No comments: