Monday, July 28, 2008

My Weekend

We had a big day on Saturday. Adam took the Praxis, which as long as he passed means he can do his student teaching and graduate in May. It was down at UVU in Orem, and I went with him for moral support. After I dropped him off, I went to the University Mall to waste time during his test. I was so nervous for him, though, that it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. I did try a place in Provo called Pudding on the Rice that was really good. I was so happy when I went to meet him after it was over and he said he felt good about it. Hopefully he was right, although we won't know for sure for a month.

After that, we headed up to his family's big reunion they have every year at his grandparent's ranch. It's so beautiful there. We didn't take any pictures, but we'll be up there again in late August. I talked a lot with Adam's grandparents, which was nice, but I also talked a lot to his uncle Greg and his 2nd or 3rd cousin Katie, both of whom were English majors. We spent the night there, and came home in time for Adam to go to work Sunday night. No one was home, so I got to have a relaxing night by myself. It was so nice. As I was watching tv, my old friend Diana called. It was so fun to talk to her. She is so upbeat and always has been. If she sees this, hi Diana! Thanks so much for calling. After I talked to her, I got on the Facebook website and got to talk to another old friend, Matt. I had no idea Facebook had a chat application, so that was cool too.

Basically, Saturday was busy and Sunday was totally chill. It was just a fun weekend. And even though I ate at Chick-Fil-A and had 2 smores at the ranch...I lost 3 lbs this week! I've had a couple iffy weeks where I would only lose like 1/2 a lb so I wanted to prove that I could still lose over 2 lbs in one week. I officially only have 9.8 lbs until I reach the goal I originally set, but I might try to lose 5-10 more than that.

No comments: