Sunday, July 6, 2008

Week in Review

-On Monday, we drove home from St. George and went to a concert. We saw Marie Digby. At first, we were a little annoyed because it was supposed to be at In the Venue, but was moved to Kilby Court. Once we found Kilby Court, however, I didn't mind the switch. Kilby Court is the smallest venue I have ever seen, and this was the most laid-back concert. She came out to watch her openers and stood right next to Adam and I for part of it. Of course, this was the first concert we decided to not bring our camera too. Oh well. We still had a great time.

-After I got off work on Wednesday, we went to two movies. David, Adam and I went and saw Wanted. I thought it was such a cool movie. And of course, it had my favorite actor/crush James McAvoy. After that movie, we got dinner at a crepe place right next to the theater. Andy met us, and we saw Hancock. I didn't like it quite as much as Wanted, but it was still enjoyable.

-On the 4th, we went on a hike and saw some fireworks. We woke up pretty early and headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We hiked a trail at the Brighton resort. It led to Dog Lake. It was really pretty and not a hard hike at all. Although I was a little nervous at one point, because we had to go downhill on snow. I have pictures that I will post later. Later on, we had a bbq with some of my family, then we all walked over to Sugarhouse Park for the fireworks. I got to see some old friends, so that was nice. In the words of my 6 year old nephew, the fireworks were "radical."

After work yesterday, I headed up to my Mom and Dad's in Sugarhouse. My mom is awaiting results on some medical tests that are making her nervous, so I wanted to get her mind off of it. We went to a restaurant called The Dodo for dinner. It was so good! After that, we went to Barnes and Noble where I spent too much money. It's not like I don't have more than enough reading material, I needed to go and find more! :)

No comments: