does a lesson on "moral discipline" turn into a setting where the government is bashed on and infant sleep training is praised? I'll tell you...
Our society is lacking in moral discipline because the government takes care of everything for us when they shouldn't. Umm... ok. Sure. I don't get the logic, but apparently most of the women in the room did. One woman even said the government shouldn't help in times of natural disaster.
The lesson later turned to the notion of teaching our children moral discipline. The teacher totally put down the idea of free agency by saying that we shouldn't let our children choose what to believe and that we should make them believe what we as parents believe (she was saying this even though she has no children of her own). And then some woman with a baby younger than Brayden brought up sleep training and so I guess babies need to learn moral discipline from the very beginning by sleep training.
It's been awhile since we had been to church due to Adam's schedule and me not wanting to take Brayden alone. We really haven't been to this ward many times, so I'm hoping it's not normally this stupid. At least Brayden had fun playing with two other little babes in the back row.
1 comment:
So THIS is what your Facebook post meant?
That would drive me bonkers. Raving mad. I'd almost be tempted to say, "I think the government doesn't do ENOUGH to help, I believe in attachment parenting, and I still can carry a temple recommend. Are you SHOCKED?"
Post a Comment