Sunday, January 2, 2011

18 months



I know I begin these all the same way, but I still cannot believe how fast you are growing up. You won't understand this until you have a child of your own. My favorite thing about you this month is your expressive face. The gamut runs from exaggerated smiles to furrowed brows and everything in between. Your language and signing are picking up speed. I'm so glad I didn't give up on signing. It's so cute- you can sign milk, more, please, thanks, and you're learning "I love you" and help. Your vocabulary is at least 23 words, and I'm sure I am missing some.


You're hitting all of the other milestones too- stacking blocks, identifying body parts (head, hair, ears, eyes, mouth, teeth, nose, neck, belly button, back, and toes so far), running, kicking a ball, etc. You're still hitting some physical ones early- for over a month you've been going up and down the stairs without holding our hands and sometimes you don't even hold the railing! The doctor said that you're early on that and on walking backwards.

Speaking of the doctor- until a few weeks ago you had only seen him for well child visits. You got a bad rash that wasn't going away so we took you in before Christmas. He said it was a virus. It went away, but is back again so we might be giving him another call.

I really love spending my days with you. I know I don't always show it, but you are my favorite person. Believe me, no one else could leave me so happy yet still being so sleep-deprived. No, you're not sleeping through the night yet. Please start! Our bed is getting too crowded, and you still hate the crib, so we're trying just putting your crib mattress on the floor in your room. I really hope it works! Seriously, though, I love you so much Brayden. I am so blessed to be your mommy.

No comments: