Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 favorites

Books

Fiction-
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Nonfiction-
How to Be a Woman and Moranthology by Caitlin Moran
Refuge and When Women Were Birds by Terry Tempest Williams
The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
The Book of Mormon Girl by Joanna Brooks
The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
From Housewife to Heretic by Sonia Johnson

Television
Modern Family
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Portlandia
Parks and Recreation
Downton Abbey
Mad Men
Homeland

Movies
Pitch Perfect
Miss Representation
The Dark Knight Rises
Jeff Who Lives at Home
Safety Not Guaranteed
Ruby Sparks
Brave

And since I didn't see as many movies as I have in years past, a list of movies that I still want to see and may have ended up on my favorites list: Zero Dark Thirty, Les Mis, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lincoln, Skyfall, Bully, Silver Linings Playbook, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Argo, Flight, The Hobbit

2 comments:

mkgs said...

Oh, I just heard about Beasts of the Southern Wild a couple weeks ago from a friend and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Les Mis was amazing, and so was The Perks of Being a Wallflower! Still need to see Lincoln myself. Oh, and The Hobbit was great too, but I think less good than the original three movies.

I love that ALL the books on your nonfiction list are either also on my nonfiction list, or are ones I've been meaning to read.

The Relentless Reader said...

Fantastic list and I agree with almost everything on it ;)