Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Roundup

- I decided to go back to work at the library system this year, and I'm so happy I did. I quickly got hired on at the Millcreek Library. I got to help stock the library. It was an amazing experience.
-We bought a new (to us) car this summer, a 2003 Mercury Sable.
-Brayden did his first soccer "season" this fall. It was so cute to watch 3-5 year olds running around the field.
-Brayden announced one morning that "superheroes don't wear diapers" and has been potty-trained ever since. I am a huge fan of waiting until they are ready, even if it means they are almost 3 and a half.
-Brayden had his first ER visit in October (pneumonia) and his first surgery in December (an abnormal but benign growth of hand tissue and muscle at the base of his thumb). It was a short procedure, but we were still so nervous. In the waiting rooms, Brayden played with the most adorable two year old girl that was down at Primarys from Montana to have open-heart surgery. I'm so grateful he has been as healthy as he has and also grateful that we have such an amazing children's hospital.
-I read 124 books this year. Not my highest, but close. Over half of that was non-fiction.

No comments: