I think I finally learned a very important, but basic lesson (that I should have learned before now) today: to trust my instincts. A certain someone always tells me I worry too much, that I expect things to go wrong. Well, after two incidents where my "worrying," or instincts proved me right, I think I need to listen to what my instincts are telling me more. Of course, these two times I trusted myself still led to hours of time and effort for us (but mostly me) to make sure that one, Adam graduated on time, and two, that we will have the money we need available tomorrow for closing on our home loan. I'm glad I trusted and double-checked both of these things, but both times I delayed it long enough to cause problems because I was trying to "trust" that it would all just work out like Adam said it would.
Now, I love my husband very much. He and I are just very different in some ways. He is laid-back, and most of the time we balance each other out because I will admit that sometimes I worry too much. However, when it comes to big things like graduation, or money, I need to realize that it is not always a bad thing to double-check. That instinct has saved us twice now (well, it has yet to be seen if we will be able to close tomorrow like we planned, but at least it would only be delayed a day if at all rather than longer).
Vent over.
2 comments:
I really believe in trusting your instincts. Good luck with the closing!
I know this is late and that you have actually closed, but I so am with Danielle on trusting instincts. Way to go, and congratulations again.
Post a Comment