As I am about to become a mother, I have been more reflective than usual this Mother's Day. I'd like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to my mother and all of the other amazing women who have made a difference in my life.
I am so grateful for my mom. I love her so much. She gave me life. She cried when she found out I was pregnant, and also on Friday when I graduated. I know she loves me and is proud of me. She always asks how I am feeling, or if I felt the baby move lately, or how my midwife appointments are going. Even though this will be her 8th grandchild, it's obvious it's still exciting to her. I could keep going on, but I just love her and I am glad she is my mom.
I'm also grateful for my Grandma. I wish she could have been alive to see all that is happening for me this year. I'm thankful she was a part of my daily life growing up. She was a strong woman who fiercely loved her family, and I hope I have that characteristic myself.
I'm grateful for my sister, Nicki. She has been there for me so much lately. It really makes me regret the way I acted sometimes during her pregnancy with Jackson. It was hard for me to accept at the time, which I regret now, because I cannot imagine my life without Jackson in it.
Which brings me to my brothers' wives. I'm grateful that they gave birth to my amazing nephews and nieces, and that they are such great moms to them.
I'm also grateful for the women who have played a part in my husband's life. His mom, his grandma and his sister. Without them, I'm sure he wouldn't be the man I love today.
I'm grateful for all of the women who let me baby-sit and take part in their childrens' lives, especially Kelly DuBois (who I was a nanny for). One, they were all examples of great moms. Two, I loved kids and I loved baby-sitting, and they let me do that.
Lastly, I am grateful for all the women who were teachers to me, whether in church or in school. I am grateful for all of my friends. And I am grateful for the women who have forged ahead and made history. I have so many examples, both personal and historical, of strong women. I can only hope that I will be a strong woman and mother myself. But with so many examples and influences, I believe in that possibility for myself. So again, thank you to all of the wonderful women in my life.
1 comment:
What a great post, Megan. You are a great woman too. Your little one is very fortunate to have you for a mom.
Post a Comment