Sunday, August 23, 2009

Seven weeks

I cannot believe seven weeks has gone by... seven weeks and three days to be exact. Time has been on my mind a lot this weekend, for various reasons.

The most pressing thing is that I go back to work tomorrow. Now, I like my job...don't get me wrong. In fact, I really like it. And I trust the people who are going to watch Brayden (Adam, my parents and my sister). I know he'll be in good hands. But it's hard to believe that I will be away from him for 20 hours a week (plus driving back and forth). He seems to have done okay the few times I have left him, but he is definitely a momma's boy when I am around, so I hope he does okay. This picture kinda shows what a momma's boy he is. Adam is holding him at the restaurant table, and when I started talking, he kept trying to turn his head to see me.


The second thing is how big he is getting! He is doing so good on holding his head up, and on using his leg muscles to support some of his weight. Truthfully, I mostly mean about his weight though. He's in about the 95th percentile. I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as he was big at birth. And I know he'll lose some of the baby fat once he is more mobile. It's sad, though- I have already had to put away some 0-3 months clothes. He's not even 2 months! And he's in size 2 diapers! He weighs about 13 lbs, even more if my method of weighing myself and then me holding him is accurate. Here's a picture of him today. I put him in an outfit I really like on him. He hadn't worn it in awhile though because we have so many clothes for him. The onesie and the shorts are both 0-3 months. The onesie was a little tight both lengthwise and widthwise. The shorts are obviously tight widthwise, as evidenced by his "muffin top."

The other two things have to do with money. We had to buy diapers this weekend. Until now, we haven't had to buy any. We've used what the hospital sent home with us, and what our WONDERFUL family and friends gave us. I capitalize that because until yesterdy, I had no idea diapers were so freaking expensive! What's funny is that if he had been smaller we would have made it at least another two weeks without having to buy any, but we were not able to use all of the newborn diapers from the hospital and from my friend Kimberly. (I don't have a picture to go with the diapers, but here's one of him in his car seat. I like to say that sometimes in the car, he becomes a "zen Buddha." It fits, okay?! First, he's a chubster, like Buddha. Second, the way his legs and little hands are reminds me of someone meditating.)


The other thing related to money is that I start Weight Watchers again this last week. When you become pregnant, you are kind of put on hold, but if you join back before your baby is 8 weeks, you don't have to pay the registration fee again. It's weird to get back into tracking and looking at the nutritional info more closely. I kind of let it all go during pregnancy and gained way too much (as anyone who saw me in the last month of it could attest to). It's weird though. I get 10 extra points because I am breastfeeding, so I don't even feel like I am dieting or anything. Except for the fact that I won't be having fast food anymore, except for the occasional Chick-Fil-A. Which reminds me- let it be known that I have not had even the smallest bit of chocolate for over two weeks now! On August 5th, he was extremely fussy. I was just about at my wit's end. Well, the culprit was mostly likely chocolate, because I had had a lot of it on both the 4th and the 5th. So I decided to give it up for now. I might start having some again when he is on solids. Apparently at that point, their stomachs can handle some of the stuff they couldn't before, so moms can start having the "forbidden food" again. But for now, I'm doing it for his sake, for my waist's sake, and just to know that I have the willpower to do it. I never thought I could go even a week without chocolate. Usually I had some everyday, even if it was just a small amount. Anyways, enough with my rambling. I'll just leave you with one last picture, if you've gotten this far! It's not a great picture, but it shows his huge smile!

I don't know why it is showing it sideways, sorry you have to turn your head to really see it well!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Megan, He is so cute! They grow so fast. I know what you mean about diapers. Don't be afraid to try store brand...they're usually just as good and a lot less $$$.