Sunday, August 9, 2009

So...

Yeah, I haven't been posting much. Haven't had too much to say. I'm just enjoying my time at home with Brayden while I have it. I am starting to get out more with him though, which has been nice. I am currently pre-occupied with two things (other than the baby of course):

-When I am home, there is a good chance the tv show Friends is on. I own the first two seasons, so I started with those and I'm now on season 4 thanks to the library. It's a little weird to re-watch it now. I forgot how good it was! It was weird to start on the first season where Ross mentions his age (26). I'm 26, but for some reason they still feel older than me on the show. I'm sure that's because I was so much younger when I watched it the first time, and because I know the actors from the show are in their 40s. I really enjoyed watching all of the stuff that had to do with Ben and his birth.... and of course I have enjoyed watching Ross and Rachel. I also have noticed foreshadowing for Monica and Chandler that I never noticed before. Anyways, enough about a tv show.

-The second thing I am pre-occuiped with is breastfeeding. I know this is a touchy subject for some, but I feel like I need to get some of my feelings out. Luckily, I have found an outlet. The Utah Breastfeeding Coalition is having events all month long down at the Main library. I have only been to one so far, but it was great. To put my opinion plainly, I believe that women have the right to choose not to breastfeed, and that is fine, but I firmly believe that society has almost made breastfeeding seem unnatural and that is just wrong. I have many more opinions on the subject, but I don't want to offend anyone or step on any toes, so I will leave it at that.

And to end on a happy note, here is the most recent pic of my little babe taking a nap with his daddy so I can be on the computer:

No comments: