I am so inspired tonight. Adam and I went to the gym earlier. Now what I'm about to say may at first sound discriminatory towards older people or people with disabilities, but I promise it isn't. So, there were a lot of old people there and that actually really inspired me. You know, they're 60+ and they are not giving up on their bodies. They are doing all they can so that they enjoy life and can have more of it. I also saw a man there leaving after swimming that only had one leg. And then when I was on the elliptical machine an old man with only one arm got on the one next to me. It really was a "slap in the face" moment because I realized that even with all their challenges they have probably been taking better care of their bodies than I had been.
I was also inspired tonight by Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I have been so excited for this show, and he did not disappoint. I have got to make sure that Brayden knows what real food is and will eat it and like it. I know that will only happen if Adam and I eat real food more often than processed food. I will say that I think I have might great strides in this, because my whole family will tell you just how picky I was. If you didn't watch this show, I urge you to. His passion for healthy living was so evident and so inspiring!
2 comments:
I've been interested in that show. I'm glad to hear you liked it. I'll have to see if I can hulu it or something.
I really need to get together with you to work out! The Jamie Oliver show (I saw a preview of it last Sunday) was pretty good, there were a couple things that bugged me though.. One was the fact that he doesn't believe in wearing gloves, however at the same time I've seen ppl that have them on, and they are filthy.. So there are different levels to that I disagree with, and agree with... And the other thing was when he dumped food liquid, I can't remember what kind, down the hand washing sink.. That is a BIG no no! lol I do think it is sad when children don't know good food when they taste it, because they have been brought up on chicken nuggets, hot dogs and pizza their entire lives.
Post a Comment