Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up



This is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time! It is so heart-warming and tender. In fact, it seems to me more like a movie for adults than a movie for kids. Sure, it's a fantastical tale about a man who takes his house up into the sky with balloons, but the back plot and all the lessons learned along the way make it just as much for adults. This movie reminded me to love life and to see it as an adventure. Even further, the movie also shows that everyday life is an adventure in and of itself. I don't want to give too much away, but the movie has a beautiful story.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Steve and I saw it as one of the previews for Star Trek (which was also very good), and UP looked good/funny. I wouldn't mind seeing it, and I know Steve wants to see it too.

Stephanie said...

I cried. Multiple times. Which sounds lame until you've seen the movie.