I'm sure it's obvious from my hint, but my big news is that I quit my job. I am so many conflicting thoughts and emotions about it and I really have no way to write about it in any sort of clear way. For my sake, though, here are some of my crazy thoughts.
-I consider myself very much to be a feminist. At the same time, I have no problem with women choosing to stay at home. It's all about choice for me.
-I am having a hard time accepting that I will basically be a stay at home mom (disclaimer: I already have a babysitting job lined up and in a month I will start being a sub for the library system, so I will work some, but will basically be home). Again, I feel every woman should have the choice (or couple really- I'm also okay with the man staying home). But I SERIOUSLY never thought I would stay home. I have multiple friends who can attest to that since they heard about it all throughout my pregnancy and probably even before that. All I can say as that I'm learning to never say never. I had no idea how I would feel when I became a mom, and I shouldn't have assumed.
-I still feel a little guilty about it though, because I told Adam all this time I was going to be fine working. He has been amazing though, and accepts me for me. I've changed in a lot of ways since we married and he has gone with the flow for the most part, which I am so grateful for.
So anyways, starting tomorrow I have at least 2 weeks before the babysitting starts and a month before the subbing and I hope to enjoy it. I have a lot of goals too since I feel like I've let a lot of things slide while trying to balance Brayden and work. We'll see how long this new phase will last, but I will try to enjoy it as well as I can and make it a fun time for Brayden.
3 comments:
MEGAN! This is huge news!!!! I have lots to say about the adjustment, but you'll figure it out, just as you have figured out motherhood.
Congrats and good luck!
Congrats! (Right?) It will be a big change, but I think you will enjoy it. I'm happy for you.
I also told the school I won't be back next year. (Carter's starting Kindergarten, and I feel like I should be the one who drops him off and picks him up and listens about his day.) I am excited to be able to devote all my time to him.
That is a big choice! It's an adjustment and an adventure. You'll be great.
Post a Comment