Wednesday, March 2, 2011
20 months
You, my boy, are 20 months old today. 20. Saying that makes it real just how soon your second birthday will be here. We watched Toy Story 3 the other day, and in the blink of an eye I was imagining you going off to college and leaving home. I used to think the mom in the classic children's book Love You Forever was crazy, but now I totally see her point.
The last week or so, your language has exploded. You're saying a lot of words that we can understand, but also many that we cannot. You're starting to say your name- you say "Bray." New words this week also include pizza (pee-sa), cracker (cra-er), grandpa (gra-pa, and you've been saying this for a few weeks), side (si- you say this when you want to nurse on the other side), giraffe (grraf), cheese (you pronounce this one correct), and many more. You're starting to try to sing along to Old MacDonald Had a Farm (the e-i-e-i-o part and the animal sounds) and the ABC song (you sing A, B). My heart burst with pride the first time you sang A, B.
You love to be physical. You've been jumping for a few months now, but you're actually getting some air sometimes now. You're running faster and faster. Your overhand throw is pretty dang good, if I do say so.
I'll say (and write) it over and over again. I am so lucky to have you in my life. I love teaching you, playing with you, nursing you, reading to you, snuggling with you, singing to you. I love you bubba.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment