Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthdays and anniversarys

The past week has been super busy. I'm adjusting to my new job, plus we decided to finally get around to fixing up our kitchen. My mind has been going non-stop too, as I've been reflecting on some things.

-My Grandma's birthday was the 19th. She would have been 92. I still miss her so much. I won't idolize her. She definitely had her flaws (and passed some of them to me). She gave her life to her family though. I hope I can do the same.

-It was March of last year I quit my job. It's worked out so much better than I thought. I'm able to sub at the library, and now write for the Journal. I'm bringing in some income, but I don't feel like I am away from Brayden too much. Adam and I are making things work on our terms and that makes me so happy, even if it seems unconventional to most people.

-My nephew's birthday is today. I have eight nieces and nephews, and their birthdays are all important to me, of course. Jackson's birthday has some significant meaning, though. His birth was the first birth I've seen, and it was so special to me. It definitely started bringing out the ""birth junkie" in me. Most importantly, his birthday reminds me to love people, no matter what. How I first reacted to the news of my sister's pregnancy and treated her is one of the things I regret most in my life. I was so wrapped up in "She did the wrong thing" that I didn't think about how she must be feeling. Now that he is six years old, I can't imagine him not being here as part of our family.

Lastly, I have a guest post over at Hormonal Imbalances about child spacing... a subject that is always on my mind now. With that, I should go help Adam paint. But I'll probably not and say I did. :)

No comments: